Plan and implement activities for a classroom for up to four (4) infants and toddlers. This planning must be coordinated with the other Caregivers assigned to the same classroom. She/he works in cooperation with Caregivers, parents and volunteers to provide an age-appropriate, individualized learning environment in the classroom.
- Provides primary care and supervision for up to 4 infants/toddlers in a classroom of 8 children.
- Implements an age-appropriate daily routine for infants/toddlers.
- Communicates on a regular basis with parents re: their child's activities during the day.
- Completes written reports on a daily basis, such as attendance, developmental observations, etc.
- Assists with regular sanitation of classroom environment (toys, surfaces, meal items, etc.)
- Prepares and posts weekly lesson plans for infant/toddler classroom.
- Conducts parent conferences, at least twice per year or as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum beginning requirement, High School Diploma or GED and an Infant Toddler/Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential or its equivalent (State awarded certificate), would prefer an Associate Degree. If the employee does not hold the credential at the time of employment, the Credential must be obtained within one year from original date of hire.