Responsible for executing the work plan for client assistance services for the CSBG/LIHEAP Program/Project activities. Interact with all segments of the community and demonstrate excellent customer service skills. Present program information to the communities in an effort to inform and recruit eligible clients. Conduct intake and needs assessment services on-site and in the field.
- Screen and assess clients for eligibility and process applications by completing forms and obtaining necessary documentation per agency and program requirements/guidelines.
- Enter accurate and timely information in approved computer system/application
- Determine the level of assistance and services provision based on assessed needs per agency and program requirements/guidelines. Refer clients to other available resources within the agency and community and follow up on those referrals.
- Prepare vouchers to be redeemed by vendors. Forward required information to manager for processing of payment per agency procedures.
- Remain cognizant of each program’s funding allocation and expenses for reconciliation with monthly reports.
- Responsible for client file creation to include required documents. Maintain complete and accurate records on program and client services activities per agency procedures/work statement; provide the State Programs Director, Program Managers and funders with appropriate statistics for the program, i.e. weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Attend trainings, conferences, meetings, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1year college or Associates Degree preferred. Three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience providing various social services skills in Non-Profit industry is a plus. Knowledgeable and proficient use of MS Office Software Applications, especially Excel, Word and Internet, and demonstrated data entry ability. Valid Driver’s License, Proof of Auto Insurance and reliable transportation is a must in the performance of duties.