To work with Head Start families in planning and implementing parent activities, and ensure that a program of experiences and training activities is provided which supports and enhances the parental role as the principal influence in the child’s education and development.
- Enrollment of children in Head Start program.
- Recruitment of children for Head Start program.
- Home visits – visit families to access needs.
- Schedule/coordinate monthly parent meetings.
- Make referrals to community agencies as needed or assessed.
- Manage case files according to Head Start Standards.
- Generate information to Head Start families of center activities and file updates.
- Conduct weekly classroom interaction.
- Maintain and submit monthly parent meeting minutes and attendance to FSCP Manager
- Telephone correspondence with parents.
- Process monthly reports that include, but are not limited to: attendance reports, mileage, status report, and itinerary.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in Social Work or related field; or at two to four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.