The Information Technology Coordinator has the overall responsibility of maintaining all the computers in the Head Start offices and classrooms. This includes upgrades to software as well as physical maintenance, upgrading and replacement of hardware and software as necessary by performing the following duties.
- Oversee and troubleshoot Head Start Network server and programs.
- Analyze problems with classroom and office computers and troubleshoot to determine necessary steps for correction.
- Provide Technical support for central office and center-based computers.
- Order and install software and hardware.
- Oversee and upgrade information management systems.
- Analyze, price, order and install necessary office software upon approval of supervisor.
- Analyze, price, order and install quality pre-school software for ages 3-5 upon approval of supervisor.
- Coordinate training of staff on computer terminology and basic computer use.
- Assist staff with hardware/software problems and training.
- Coordinate training classes to educate staff on existing and new software.
- Assist in maintaining and troubleshooting web based programs and mail server.
- Updates technology plans and procedures annually.
- Coordinates general computer, technology, communications support and maintenance.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent from four-year college or university; and two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.