Assist teacher in all aspects of classroom supervision/instruction and also perform the duties of a Bus Driver. Responsible for transporting Head Start children to and from the center daily and for the supervision of all passengers on the bus (children, parents and staff).
- Assist Teacher to arrange and maintain a safe, clean, and attractive classroom environment.
- Conduct, supervise, and take part in daily classroom activities.
- Plan and implement lesson plan.
- Arrange and conduct parents’ activities and parent meetings.
- Ensure that each child’s records are accurate and up to date.
- Other duties deemed necessary by the Teacher and/or Center Director.
- Practice safe driving habits at all times.
- Follow established bus routes to pick up and return Head Start children.
- Perform minor repairs and/or upkeep the vehicle.
- Upholds all state and agency rules and regulations pertaining to the transportation of children on a bus or commercial vehicle.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to four years’ child development or related experience and and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Incumbent must have CDA, CDL, CPR, and First Aid certification, and possess a valid drivers’ license.