The Head Start Teacher must possess knowledge of the ways in which children develop an understanding of the needs, interest, and abilities of individual children. This person needs the ability to build a good public image for the Head Start program and a firm commitment to uphold the policies and procedures of the Head Start program.
- Arrange and maintain a safe, clean, attractive physical environment conducive to learning through hands-on experience.
- Conduct, supervise, and physically participate in daily classroom activities.
- Plan and implement lesson plans appropriately to meet the needs of individual children.
- Plan lesson plans in advance for two weeks and submit to Center Director bi-monthly.
- Direct and coordinate duties of Teacher Assistant.
- Cooperate and coordinate with Center Director in arranging parent activities.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in Early Childhood Education/Child Development, or an associate degree (A.A.) in Early Childhood Education/Child Development or a related field with six or more courses in Early Childhood Education/Child Development; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.